Course duration: dependant on the candidates requirements and other time commitments
- 18 years old
- PADI Junior Advanced Open Water or equivalent
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months
- have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months (HSE medical preferred as this enables you to have more hands on experience with instructors – contact us for details)
Course cost: £599 and includes:
- Divemaster Manual
- Instructor Manual
- 4 Divemaster slates
- Hologram decal (required for certification application to PADI)
- Divemaster DVD
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving book
- Scuba Tune-Up Workbook, Professional Training Log
- Discover Scuba Diving Instruction Cue Card
- PADI Pro bag
Please note this does not include the certification application fee, which is directly payable to PADI and is £69.50+VAT
For private courses scheduled to your requirements, £1200 per person for 1 person, £999 per person for 2 people, £849 per person for 3 or more people.
Course description: The Divemaster course is the first step in working in diving as a PADI professional. The course is designed to give you expanding your dive knowledge, honing your dive skills to a professional level, developing your leadership skills, qualifying you to supervise diving activities and assist instructors with student divers, by working closely with Purple Turtle’s senior instructors.
The course comprises:
- 9 theory sessions and 2 exams
- 5 water skills (timed swims, floats, tired diver tows and an equipment exchange)
- A skills workshop covering 24 skills to bring your skills to demonstration quality
- 5 workshops on Divemaster conducted programmes to enable you to teach the programmes you can teach following the course (including Scuba Review, Discover Scuba Diver programme, Skin Diver and Snorkeling courses, and Discover Local Diving)
- 4 practical assessments (working with students and certified divers)
- 5 practical skills (including dive site set up and management, completing dive briefings, a mapping project, a search and recovery scenario and a deep dive scenario
- Writing an Emergency Assistant Plan
Once you’ve qualified as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll be able to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
If you would like to combine the Divemaster Course with the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course (more information here) the additional course fee is £100 per participant.
If you would like to combine the Divemaster Course with the EFR Instructor (more information here) the additional course fee is £275 per participant.