The Aqualung Wave BCD has been around for a while and has stood the test of time. Many of us have learnt to dive using this BCD, chosen for it’s easy maintenance, simplicity and hard wearing. The Aqualung Wave has recently undergone a redesign, making it more streamlined and adding optional weight pockets, using the SureLockII design used on a lot of the other Aqualung BCDs (such as the ProQD and the Pearl).
The Wave has the additional following features:
- Made from tough, fade-resistant 1000D Armorshield® Cordura™
- A proprietary backpack has a built in carrying handle and a traction pad to reduce tank slippage
- The waistband is adjustable in the back to accommodate a wide range of waist sizes
- A scooped octo-pocket on the top, front of the right lobe makes it easy to stow and deploy an octopus. The octopus remains visible and accessible throughout the dive
- Some divers may find it useful to run their instruments behind the left pocket and out the scooped opening on the top, front of the lobe
- Large, easy-to-access, utility pockets are found on either side
- Features 2 stainless steel flat D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Right shoulder pull dump with hi-viz orange pull bob is easy to locate and use.
- Lower rear dump with hi-viz orange pull bob is useful for horizontal or head down orientation
- The chest strap can be adjusted for personal comfort
- The exterior is fade resistant and abrasion resistant
- Comes in 6 sizes including XXS. The XXS size also features:
- A detachable, double adjusting crotch strap with neoprene center for extra comfort
- An optional tank band for a 30 cu. ft. cylinder (p/n 427056)
- Optional accessories include the Airsource, Squeeze-lock knife and reflector kit