We’re excited to offer a great weekend diving out of Portland on a fabulous hard boat with a lift! The Saturday and Sunday for trip is suited to anyone with a qualification to 40m (or higher) and Monday is suitable for anyone with a 45m tech rating with trimix.
Itinerary (please note dive sites may be subject to change depending on weather):
- Saturday – Ropes Off at 09:15:
- Wreck dive – M2 – max 32m to sea bed: One of the most popular boat dives from Portland this submarine is an official War Grave. She was built in 1918 as a K-boat and in 1927 she was converted to carry a light sea plane in a hangar in front of the conning tower. It is generally accepted that she sunk after diving with the hangar doors open (as they are today). The M2 is not far west round the Bill, is about 300’ and all hands were lost on her when she sunk in January 1932.
- Wreck dive – James Fennel – max 17m: The James Fennel was a steam trawler built in 1918 as a Strath class auxilliary patrol vessel. She drove straight into the rocks on the 16th of January 1920 in thick fog. All crew were rescued by fishermen and attempt was made to tow her off the rocks a few days later, but she sunk immediately.
- Sunday – Ropes Off at 10:15:
- Wreck dive – Frogner – max 36m: The Frogner is a WWI wreck with huge lobsters and lots of crabs!
- Drift dive – Lulworth Banks – max depth 24m: Lulworth Banks is a lovely scenic drift dive with optional scalloping
- Monday (tech divers only – please see details below for weekend options) – Ropes Off at 10:30:
- Wreck dive – Salsette – max 48m: The Salsette is a P&O liner lying on it’s port side
- Optional second dive – tbc on the day
There are 3 options for this weekend:
– Saturday and Sunday only – £110 (deposit £75)
– All three days – £175 (deposit £75)
– Monday only – £65 (deposit £40)
This includes diving only. To secure your space a non-refundable deposit is required. Please contact us for advice on accommodation. Not included are accommodation, transport, food, any kit hire and gas.
We can offer a full range of kit hire, so if you have any questions, let us know.
If you’d like to book, please PM us, email on email@example.com or call us on 07792 723 938. Any questions at all, please let us know.
Terms: If you are unable to attend, you are responsible to find someone to take your place (we will help where we can!) otherwise you will be liable for the full balance. In the event of cancellation by the skipper due to poor weather, a refund for the diving will be given.