We’re excited to offer a great weekend diving out of Portland on a fabulous hard boat with a lift! This trip is suited to anyone with an Advanced Open Water certification or higher.
Itinerary (please note dive sites may be subject to change depending on weather):
- Friday evening – meet at the accommodation (for those choosing B&B package) for drinks and self catered dinner (if required)
- Continental breakfast (for those choosing B&B package)
- Drift dive – Lulworth Banks (scalloping optional) – max 24m
- Wreck dive – M2 – max 32m to sea bed: One of the most popular boat dives from Portland this submarine is an official War Grave. She was built in 1918 as a K-boat and in 1927 she was converted to carry a light sea plane in a hangar in front of the conning tower. It is generally accepted that she sunk after diving with the hangar doors open (as they are today). The M2 is not far west round the Bill, is about 300’ and all hands were lost on her when she sunk in January 1932.
- Dinner at accommodation (with scallops if any caught!) or at local pub – not included in price
- Continental breakfast (for those on B&B package)
- Wreck dive – St. Dunstan – max 29m: The St. Dunstan was originally built as a bucket dredger and was torpedoed on the 23rd of September 1917. There is lots to see on this old wreck with plenty of fish and swim throughs.
- Wreck dive – James Fennel – max 17m: The James Fennel was a steam trawler built in 1918 as a Strath class auxilliary patrol vessel. She drove straight into the rocks on the 16th of January 1920 in thick fog. All crew were rescued by fishermen and attempt was made to tow her off the rocks a few days later, but she sunk immediately.
Cost: £120 for dive only package or £162 for diving, bed (in shared bunk rooms) with continental breakfast. Both prices include 4 dives over 2 days and a pie on board between dives. Additional costs are gas, dinner on the Saturday night and transport.
In order to secure your place please contact us on email@example.com or on 07792723938 to confirm availability. £60 non-refundable deposit, will be required to secure your place by bank transfer to:
Account Name: Purple Turtle Diving Limited
Account Number: 83933067
Sort code: 20-21-78
Terms: If you are unable to attend, you are responsible to find someone to take your place otherwise you will lose your deposit. In the event of cancellation by the skipper due to poor weather, a refund for the diving will be given.