Who are we?
Purple Turtle Diving was founded in 2011 by Toni, who is passionate about her scuba diving and her teaching. She has been a PADI Instructor since 2003 (currently a PADI Staff Instructor), Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer since 2011 and a PADI TecRec Deep Instructor since 2013. Toni sees her own continued education as key and has recently become a Tec Trimix Blender Instructor and a Tec Trimix Diver Instructor.
Toni believes that in order to be a strong instructor who can teach effectively, you must remember why you dive and what you love most about diving. As such, it’s not uncommon to find Toni on dive charters, on dive holidays or at one of the inland sites when she’s not teaching. And she’s usually with some of the other Purple Turtle Diving staff or previous students!
All of the Purple Turtle Staff (you can meet some of the team on our Staff Page) have been carefully selected by Toni for their detailed attention to safety and regulations, their dedication to adhering to PADI standards and their enthusiasm and love for the sport. Our staff are all keen divers, who not only teach but also dive as often as their schedules allow!
What do we do?
Purple Turtle Diving prides itself on educating divers in small groups, to get the most out of their diving experiences in a safe and fun way. We offer a large selection of courses from the following worldwide recognised organisations:
- Professional Association of Diving Instructor’s (PADI) scuba diving courses, ranging from beginner courses (such as the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience and the PADI Open Water Course) to professional (such as PADI Divemaster) courses and PADI speciality courses (such as Sidemount, Deep Diver, Wreck Diver, Equipment and Enriched Air Diver) – please see our Scuba Diving Courses page for more information
- Scuba Diving International (SDI) scuba diving courses, ranging fom beginner courses (such as the SDI Open Water Course) to professional courses (such as the SDI Divemaster) and SDI Speciality courses (such as Solo, Dry Suit, Nitrox and Navigation) – please see our Scuba Diving Courses page for more information
- PADI TecRec (technical diving) courses, ranging from PADI TecRec Discover Tec course (a single pool session to introduce you to technical diving) to the Tec Trimix course – please see our Tec Courses page for more information
- TDI courses (technical diving) including the TDI Intro to Tec, TDI Advanced Nitrox and TDI Decompression Procedures – please see our Tec Courses page for more information
- Emergency First Response (EFR) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid courses, such as the EFR Primary and Secondary Care with AED (Automated External Defibillator) course and the EFR Care for Children course at both participant and instructor level – please see our EFR Courses page for more information.
- Diving travel including trips near (such as day trips to our local sites and weekend trips in the UK) and far (such as Philippines, Egypt and Scapa) – please see our Trips page see more information
- Equipment Servicing, gas fills and equipment sales through Amphibian Sports, where we’re based. All servicing and gas filling is done in house. Please see Amphibian Sports Services page for more information.
- Equipment hire for both recreational and technical diving equipment, for use both in the UK and abroad – please see our Equipment Rental page for more information.
We specialise in tailoring our courses to our customers’ needs, to be able to offer the flexibility that people require in today’s busy lifestyles. Please use the menus above to see full details on the courses that we offer. For scheduled courses, please have a look at our calendar page. If the timescales do not suit you or you’d like us to organise a private course for you, a group of family, friends or colleagues, please email us or call us on 07792 723 938.
Where do we offer training?
Purple Turtle Diving is based at Amphibian Sports in West Norwood, South London. We run the theory portions of most of our courses in our designated classroom there, which means we can run custom courses to your requirements. For courses with smaller theory portions or theory portions that lend themselves well to a less formal environment, we often run the sessions at the dive site.
The open water sites we use most frequently in the UK include:
- Wraysbury Dive Centre in Wraysbury Middlesex (near Heathrow) – we deliver some of our training here as it is well equipped for training and is very convenient for people based in London (less than an hour from London)
- National Dive and Activity Centre – we run weekends away to NDAC, where we tend to stay in the fabulous wooden wigwams (for some glamping) and have a BBQ on the Saturday night (weather permitting). It’s a great place to spend a weekend with the Purple Turtle Diving staff and as it’s a quarry, we’re not restricted on dive site (depths of attractions vary from less than 10m to over 70m!) selection by weather
- Vobster Quay – we run some courses here (generally we come for the day) where depth is an advantage as Vobster Quay has attractions from 12m to 35m. The site is open 7 days a week and as it’s a quarry, we’re not restricted on dive site selection by weather
- Other – we are able to offer courses on any of our trips! Our trips page is coming soon.
More about us!
To see more about us, please click on the relevant links below: